Lacrosse Performance Institute
"Accelerating your rate of improvement"
- Apply the team approach used by the worlds best players to develop elite level players and expand the game of lacrosse
- Use technology to improve the individual athlete faster by making them more efficient biomechanically
- Use K-vest technology to identify biomechanical faults that rob the player of power and shot speed.
- Use movement screen to identify and correct physical limitations preventing the player from reaching their potential.
- Physical Conditioning
- Change the way lacrosse shooting is taught and practiced
- Coach, Video, K-Vest
- Physical Conditioning
- Physical screen, fitness program planning
- Biomechanical assessment
- Individual training plans designed to correct faults
Who is Dr. Broda
- Chiropractor with private practice in Cornelius
- Have been working in the field of sports performance training and biomechanics for 12+ years
- One the first to be certified by Titleist Performance Institute as well as the first in North Carolina to use 3D biomechanics assessments to improve athletic performance
What is K-Vest
- A system of 3 inertial sensors attached to the body that measures in 3 degrees of freedom bend, side bend, and rotation
- Used to measure efficiency objectively so that new movement patterns can be engrained faster and more effectively
- Until now shooting was taught by simply watching how a player shot and giving verbal instruction
- The human eye can only see at about 15 frames/second, regular video can only capture at 30 frames/second.
- K-vest allows us to “see” at 120 frames/second. This allows the coach or instructor to record an analyze what is actually happening in a movement and not guess at what they are seeing
- Cuts down on trial and error and can validate that technique change actually improved shooting mechanics
- Think of K-vest as the MRI of biomechanics
What causes poor shooting mechanics
- Poor shooting technique- lack of knowledge on how to shoot
- Poor equipment
- Poor lacrosse specific conditioning
What does the program consist of?
- Initial physical screen and K-vest testing
- Report of findings- go over strengths and weaknesses found on K-vest screens and physical fitness screens. Begin drills and exercise to improve shooting mechanics using. K-vest and K- trainer to provide biofeedback training
- K-trainer and exercises continue
- Re-evaluate and assess progress
How much does the program cost?
- First offering of this type of program anywhere in the state
- You will be given a discount for being the first to go through the program, in other words it will never be this cheap again.
- Total Cost of program is $300 for three sessions or $500 for six sessions.
- Appointments will be scheduled in office and each appointment will last about 45 minutes
- Will receive a summary of the program that details findings and results